Monday, November 15, 2010

Big Eyes, Small Mouth

Big Eyes, Small Mouth is a roleplaying game with a somewhat generic system that tends towards the anime genre. From the magical girl series to the Robotech/Gundam ripoff, Big Eyes, Small Mouth (or BESM for short) can handle just about anything. In a pinch, it's a decent universal system, too, though it's always been a little too loose for my tastes. In any case, my preferences are irrelevant, as I have been challenged to make a character, and as a gentleman , I must accept.

However offensive, I have been challenged to create that most elusive of characters, the Lesbian Stripper Ninja. I have 350 character points to accomplish this. First, I distribute points to Stats; there are three Stats, Body, Mind, and Soul. The game recommends that I spend 180 of my points on Stats, so I will spend 70 to give myself a Body of 7, 60 to give myself a Soul of 6, and 50 to give myself a Mind of 5. This leaves me 170 points to spend on Attributes. I'll spend 20 points to gain 2 ranks of Attack Combat Mastery (I'm good at attacking), 10 points for 1 rank of Defence Combat Mastery (I can play for the defence, too), 4 points for Heightened Awareness (my senses are tingling), 15 points for Items (my ninja gear, weapons and such; stripper pole optional), 4 points for 2 ranks in Jumping (because ninjas jump like kangaroos), 10 points for Massive Damage (I do l33t damage), 12 points for 4 ranks in the Acrobatics skill, 4 points for 2 ranks in the Burglary skill, 6 points for 3 ranks in Climbing, 3 points for 3 ranks for Controlled Breathing skills, 6 points for 2 ranks in Intimidation, 4 points for 2 ranks in the Occult skill, 3 points for 3 ranks in the Poisons skill, 6 points for 3 ranks in the Sleight of Hand skill, 12 points for 4 ranks of the Stealth skill, 4 points for 4 ranks in the Stripping skill (I am, after all, a stripper), 3 points for 3 ranks of the Urban Tracking skill, 12 points for 6 forms of Special Movement (Balance, Cat-Like, Fast, Light-Footed, Untrackable, and Wall-Bouncing), 20 points for the Dynamic Power attribute (to represent my array of mystical ninja tricks), and 22 points for 11 Combat Techniques (Blind-Fighting, Blind Shooting, Brutal 2, Concealment, Critical Strike, Lethal Blow, Lightning Reflexes 2, Precise Aim, and Portable Armory).

Well, after that laundry list of Attributes, I have now spent 360 points - so now I need to take 10 points of Defects to even things out. Being a lesbian, I will take 3 points of Guy Magnet - it will be extremely uncomfortable to be mobbed by hordes of single men. I will then take 6 points of the Ism Defect; as a lesbian stripper, I must endure extreme sexism from the macho boy's club that is the ninja world. Finally, I'll take 1 point in Easily Distracted. After that, all that is left is to calculate derived values. First, my Combat Value is equal to Body + Mind + Soul divided by 3; this leaves me with 6. My Attack Combat Value is 6 +2 for my ranks in Attack Combat Mastery; similarly, my Defence Combat Value is 7. My Damage Multiplier is 5, +1 for my level of Massive Damage. My Health Points are equal to Body + Soul x 5, so for me, 65. My Energy Points (for using things like my Dynamic ninja powers) is equal to Mind + Soul x5, or 55 for me. Shock Value, the point at which my loss of Health Points will stun me, is equal to max HP divided by 5, or 13 for me. So, the final character, bizarre though she is, looks like this:

Yono Oko
Lesbian Stripper Ninja
Size: Medium
Points: 350

Body 7
Soul 6
Mind 5

Attack Combat Value 7
Defence Combat Value 6
Damage Multiplier 6
Health Points 65
Shock Value 13
Energy Points 55

Attack Combat Mastery 2
Defence Combat Mastery 1
Heightened Awareness 2
Jumping 2
Item (Various Equipment, 15 points)
Massive Damage 1
Skill: Acrobatics 4
Skill: Burglary 2
Skill: Climbing 3
Skill: Controlled Breathing 3
Skill: Intimidation 3
Skill: Occult 2
Skill: Poisons 3
Skill: Sleight of Hand 3
Skill: Stealth 4
Skill: Stripping 4
Skill: Urban Tracking 3
Special Movement (Balance, Cat-Like, Fast, Light-Footed, Untrackable, Wall-Bouncing)
Dynamic Powers (Ninja Tricks)
Combat Techniques (Blind-Fighting, Blind Shooting, Brutal 2, Concealment, Critical Strike, Lethal Blow, Lightning Reflexes 2, Precise Aim, Portable Armory)

(Yes, I feel horribly embarrassed, but I was challenged. Don't judge me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment