Thursday, May 20, 2010

Promethean: The Created

You used to be human, once. At least, you think so. Now you are something else, something created from the parts and bodies of the dead. Like the monster Frankenstein created, you now wander the earth, searching for a purpose to your existence, trying to find a way to become that which all of your kind want - to be truly human, to have a soul. Until then, you wander without aim, never staying too long - as your very presence can incite normal people against you.

This is the premise of Promethean, and so, like all the other World of Darkness games, it uses the same setting and system. As a being that was created from the parts of the dead, the Promethean has little in the way of a true background - generally, they don't remember the lives of their bodies or their parts. I will make a combative character this time; as a concept, he will be a defender of the weak. So for Attributes, Physical will be first, then Mental, then Social. I'll go with Strength 3, Dexterity 2, Stamina 3, then Intelligence 2, Wits 2, and Resolve 3, and finally Presence 2, Manipulation 1, and Composure 3. Then I move on the skills. I'll take Athletics 3, Brawl 3, Survival 3, and Weaponry 2. Then I will take Crafts 2, Investigation 2, Occult 2, and Medicine 1. Finally, I'll take Empathy 1, Intimidation 2, and Streetwise 1. Then I get 3 specialties, and I'll take Body Language for Investigate, Boxing for Brawl, and Foraging for Survival. Then I add the Promethean template, which means lineage (the type of Promethean), Refinement (the path the Promethean is taking towards a human soul), transmutations (the powers of the Promethean), and Azoth (the degree of Divine Fire within the Promethean). I'll make this character a Tammuz, also known as a Golem; he will be introspective, and governed byt he element of Earth; he also gets the Bestowment of Unholy Stamina, which increases his Stamina and its effects in a number of situations. He will follow the Refimement of Iron, the way of the warrior, which gives him access to the transmutations of Corporeum and Vitality. I then get 3 dots in transmutations; I'll spend all 3 in the Vitality transmutation, to get one dot of the Might Transmutation (giving me +1 Strength every time I spend 1 Pyros - the Promethean's energy) and the Bludgeon ability (letting me pummel living beings with supernatural power). I will spend 3 points of my 7 Merit points to get my Azoth to 2, and the remaining four to get the Giant Merit, giving me +1 Size and thus +1 Health. For derived statistics, Defense is 2, Health is 9, Size is 6, Initiative is 5, Humanity (Promethean Morality) is 7, Speed is 11, Willpower is 6, the Virtue will be Justice, and the Vice will be Wrath. I imagine this character as kind of like a mix between Bruce Banner and the Hulk from the old Lou Ferrigno series. so the final character looks like this:

John Buck
Concept: Defender of the weak
Lineage: Tammuz
Refinement: Iron
Virtue: Justice
Vice: Wrath
Attributes
Intelligence 2
Wits 2
Resolve 3
Strength 3
Dexterity 2
Stamina 3
Presence 2
Manipulation 1
Composure 3

Skills
Crafts 2
Investigate 2 (Specialty: Body Language)
Medicine 1
Occult 2
Athletics 3
Brawl 3 (Specialty: Boxing)
Survival 3
Weaponry 3
Empathy 1
Intimidate 2
Streetwise 1

Merits
Giant

Transmutations
Might 1
Bludgeon
Unholy Stamina

Defense 2
Size 6
Speed 11
Initiative 5
Health 9
Willpower 6
Humanity 7
Azoth 2

No comments:

Post a Comment