Sunday, May 23, 2010

Vampire: The Requiem

There is a culture of the supernatural that hides underneath the veneer of human society. They come out only at night, and they feed on the blood that flows through the veins of mankind. They live for hundreds of years, and they control wealth and power that would make many of the richest men blush; and yet, they can never reveal who and what they truly are, for fear that society will destroy them. Soulless creatures, trapped in the darkness, preying on the living and trying to find a purpose. These are the vampires.

This is the premise of Vampire, and as with the several games before it, it is set in the World of Darkness and uses the same setting. I haven't done a female character for a while, so I think I'll make one of those; I'm thinking a vampiric dilettante. I think that means I'll put Social first, then Physical, then Mental. Presence 3, Manipulation 3, Composure 2, then Strength 2, Dexterity 3, Stamina 2, and finally Intelligence 2, Wits 2, and Resolve 2. Then for Skills, I am thinking Intimidation 2, Persuasion 3, Socialize 3, Subterfuge 3, then Athletics 1, Brawl 2, Stealth 3, Weaponry 1, and finally Investigation 1, Occult 2, Politics 1. For specialties, I'll take Socialize (Parties), Subterfuge (Misdirection), and Stealth (Moving in Darkness). Then I choose Vampire characteristics: Clan (which vampiric bloodline she is from), Covenant (which vampiric group she claims membership with), Disciplines (vampiric powers), and Blood Potency (how powerful her vampiric powers are). As the Daeva bloodline is the emotional, sensual, and desirable one, I'll choose that, and with it an extra point in either Dexterity or Manipulation - I'll choose Manipulation. As for covenants, none of the one presented really fit the character I am imagining, so I'll remain unbound for now. Now I get disciplines; I'll take two points in Majesty (which lets me stun others in awe, and make them reveal their innermost feelings) and one point in Celerity (which makes me faster in combat, letting me subtract dice from my opponent's rolls). Blood Potency starts at 1, and I'll increase it to 2 with Merit points; I'll use the remaining 4 to get 2 points in Haven, for a decent place to stay during the day, and 2 points in Herd, making it easier for my character to feed. Finally, I'll do derived statistics; Defense is 2, Size is 5, Health is 7, Initiative is 5, Humanity (Vampire Morality) is 7, Speed is 10, Willpower is 4, Virtue is Charity, and Vice will be Lust. So the final character will look like this:

Alanna Chance
Concept: Societal dilettante
Clan: Daeva
Covenant: Unbound
Virtue: Charity
Vice: Lust

Attributes
Intelligence: 2
Wits: 2
Resolve: 2
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 3
Stamina: 2
Presence: 3
Manipulation: 4
Composure: 2

Skills
Investigation: 1
Occult: 2
Politics: 1
Athletics: 1
Brawl: 2
Stealth: 3 (Specialty: Moving in Darkness)
Weaponry: 1
Intimidation: 2
Persuasion: 3
Socialize: 3 (Specialty: Parties)
Subterfuge: 3 (Specialty: Misdirection)

Merits
Haven 2
Herd 2

Disciplines
Majesty 2
Celerity 1

Defense 2
Size 5
Initiative 5
Speed 10
Health 7
Humanity 7
Willpower 4
Blood Potency 2

No comments:

Post a Comment